We are happy to have served the following Sonoma & Marin County Schools:
Sonoma State University, Department of Music
Summerfield Waldorf School and Farm, High School Basketball
The Healdsburg School, 1st-5th Grade After-school Program
Sebastopol Independent Charter School, 5th, 6th Grade
Sonoma Academy, Grades 9-12
West Side Elementary, TK, 1st Grade
SunRidge Charter School, Homeschool Program
Pathways Charter School, Homeschool Program
Bacich Elementary School, Parent Education
Credo High School, 12th Grade
All programs are customized to meet the unique needs of your school and range from year-long, school-wide integration to a two-hour workshop.
School-wide Integration: This wrap-around program may be the most effective way to integrate mindfulness into your school community. Train faculty, staff, students, and parents with on-site support throughout the year.
Faculty First: Support teachers with stress-reduction and self-care. Programs range from an 8-week series to a morning of mindfulness basics.
Classroom Pilot: The teacher-friendly program may be the simplest way to begin. Introduce mindfulness with a 16 week pilot program in just one or two classrooms. Teachers learn alongside students. Content includes:
- 16 lessons
- Each session is approximately 20 minutes long
- Grades 5-12 receive journaling prompts and weekly challenges
- Grades K-4 enter practice through the door of the imagination
- No new content or curriculum to implement
- 50% discount to all faculty, staff and parents enrolling in Mindful Schools online trainings
Mindfulness for Athletes: Bring mindfulness to your existing sports team. This unique program incorporates elements from Mindful Sports Performance Enhancement (MSPE) and utilizes George Mumford’s book, The Mindful Athlete.
Parent Support and Education: Help parents learn effective tools for bringing mindfulness into the home environment and managing stress. Parent support and education could include a single evening of mindfulness or ongoing support.
School Program Lessons May Include:
- Examining and Defining Stress
- Effects of Stress on the Mind and Body
- The Brain House, Basic Neuroscience of Mindfulness
- Focused Attention, Mindfulness of Breath
- Open Awareness, Mindful Listening
- Exteroceptive & Interoceptive Body Awareness
- Mindfulness of Emotions, Letting Go
- Why Generosity Matters
- The Heart of a Champion, Self- Compassion
- The Negativity Bias
- Fostering Empathy
- Mindful Eating, Craving and Aversion
- Mindfulness of Thoughts, Judgment and the Inner-Critic
- Why Gratitude Matters
- Communicating with Skill and Intention
Mindfulness supports the social-emotional goals of many schools in the current educational environment. A growing body of research and neuroscience has shown many benefits of mindfulness:
- Better focus and concentration
- Increased sense of calm
- Decreased stress & anxiety
- Enhanced health
- Improved impulse control
- Increased self-awareness
- Skillful responses to difficult emotions
- Increased empathy and understanding of others
- Development of natural conflict resolution skills
The short video above features students receiving the evidence-based Mindful Schools curriculum.
For more information about bringing mindfulness to your school, please contact Chelsea at Chelsea@joyfulmindproject.org or by clicking here.